Today I am going to share the recipe for this easy-to-make and super flavorful Beef with Onion dish. All we’ll need in order to make this great dish are a couple of simple ingredients, some common sauces to make Chinese food and 30 minutes of your time! Sounds easy enough? Let’s get started, 🙂
Like I mentioned above, it is a very simple dish, no complex cooking techniques are needed. But some small tips could be very helpful for making sure the dish will eventually turn out well.
Tip number one, when cooking the onion, use medium heat not high heat. Because the high heat will burn the onion easily. Tip number two, cook the onion and the beef seperately. Tip number three, add in the pepper last, because it requires the least amount of time to be cooked through.
Yum, yum! My Beef with Onion stir fry has just been finished and I am ready to share it with my family now. Let me know how you like this recipe and what questions you have about how to make it. Have a great day, guys!
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 30 minutes!Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. Next week, I am going to share a “Garlic Pea Shoot” recipe, come back and check it out!
- ½ pound beef flank steak, cut into long pieces
- half an onion, sliced
- 2 long red peppers, sliced
- 2 long green peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- a handful of cilantro
- For marinating the beef:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- For seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Mix oil, soy sauce and cooking wine well in a container and marinate the beef with the mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, toss in the onion and stir fry for about 3 minutes until soft and browned, remove the onion from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil into the pan, turn to high heat and throw in the beef, stir fry for about 5 minutes until cooked through and fragrant.
- Add the garlic, onion and peppers into the pan and toss in the salt, sugar and oyster sauce, cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peppers have turned soft.
- Top with cilantro to serve.