This week, I am going to share a healthy and easy-to-make stir-fry recipe, the “Beef with Peppers”. Stir-fry is my favoriate cooking method when making Chinese food at home. I like to make stir-fry dishes with meat and assorted vegetables just like the recipe I am going to introduce to you today. Now, let’s get started.
To make sure the beef tastes tender and juicy, I first marinated the beef with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, soy sauce and cooking wine as well as 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and potato starch for about 10 minutes. It is also helpful to cut the beef into small cubes like I did. It not only reduces cooking time, but also makes it easier for the beef to absorbe the seasoning s later during the cooking process.
I stir fried the beef for about 2-3 minutes until it has changed color and then I seasoned with 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce before adding in the green and red peppers.
Keep cooking for another 1-2 minutes and the dish will be ready to serve (The total cooking time is just 10 minutes).
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
Below is the recipe for this Beef with Peppers dish. If you like it, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave me a comment. Next week, I am going to share a “Sweet and Sour Chicken” recipe, come back and check it out!
- ½ pound beef cubes, cut into smaller pieces
- half a green bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- half a red bell pepper,cut into small pieces
- 3-4 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- For marinating the beef:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon potato starch
- Marinate the beef with vegetable oil, sugar, soy sauce, cooking wine and potato starch for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil over medium heat, add in the ginger slices and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Turn to medium-high heat, stir in the beef and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes until it has changed color.
- Toss in the oyster sauce and keep stir-frying for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.