Once in a while, people would ask me what’s the most popular cooking method in China? My answer is always stir-frying!
Why do we love making stir-fry dishes so much?
I can think of two main reasons. 1) It’s quick. Most stir fry dishes can be prepared in as little as 15 minutes. This cooking method fits a working family’s busy schedule perfectly. 2) It’s healthy. Most stir fry recipes use both vegetables and meats in one dish, helps you plan a balanced diet.
If you are interested in learning how to make stir-fries at home. This marinated beef stir fry with cilantro is a great recipe to try.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are incredible simple! You can easily find beef, cilantro, red pepper and garlic at any grocery store.
Whenever I make a stir fry with meat, I always marinate the meat before the cooking starts. For example, in this recipe, I used potato starch, cooking wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, black pepper and oil for marination. Other than adding flavor, it also helps to tenderize the beef.
I like the fresh peppery taste cilantro brings to the dish. But I know for some people, cilantro tastes like soap.
If you don’t like cilantro, this could still be your recipe. It is totally fine to substitute the cilantro with other vegetables such as broccoli or mushroom.
Give it a try, this recipe will win you over with its taste, texture and simplicity.
I hope you enjoy making this marinated beef stir fry with cilantro recipe.
To receive future recipe updates, follow me on instagram or join the newsletter.
- half a pound beef sirloin, cut into long strips
- 2-3 long red chili pepper, sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, trimmed and washed, cut into half
- For marinating the beef:
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- For seasoning:
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a pinch of sugar
- Marinate the beef with potato starch, cooking wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, black pepper and oil for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté the beef for a minute or until no longer pink, remove from pan and set aside.
- Drizzle some oil into the pan, add in the garlic and red pepper, sauté 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cilantro and beef into the pan, season with salt and sugar, cook for another 2 minutes and transfer to a plate and serve.