Today I am going to share with you guys the recipe for this great-tasting Chicken with Asparagus stir-fry.
For ingredients, I used chicken thighs, asparagus, mushroom and red bell pepper. To keep the chicken tender and flavorful, I started with marinating the chicken with oil, cooking wine, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper for about ten minutes before cooking.
Besides asparagus, I also included red bell pepper and mushroom into the dish to help add texture as well as flavor. Onion, carrot or celery would also be a great choice.
I like to sprinkle a touch of black pepper before serving and enjoy this dish with a bowl of hot white rice. I ended up finishing the entire dish and a large bowl of rice for lunch and now I feel full and satisfied 🙂
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is less than 25 minutes.I hope you enjoy making this tasty chicken with asparagus at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs, cut into long strips
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, snap then ends and cut into long strips
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into long strips
- For marinating the chicken:
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Marinate the chicken with oil, cooking wine, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the pan, over medium heat, stir fry the chicken for about 3 minutes until the color has changed and fragrant.
- Turn to medium-high heat, add in the asparagus and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sauce, stir fry for another 2 minutes to make sure the sauce is evenly spread and well absorbed by the dish.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to serve.