Today I am going to share with you guys the recipe for this great-tasting Chicken with Asparagus stir-fry dish. For ingredients, we will need chicken thighs, asparagus, mushroom and red bell pepper. To keep the chicken tender and flavorful, I started with marinating the chicken with oil, cooking wine, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes before cooking.
Besides asparagus, I also included red bell pepper and mushroom into the dish to help add texture as well as flavor. Other vegetables I can think of that is also a good choice for this dish are onion, carrot or celery, etc.
I like to sprinkle a touch of black pepper before serving and enjoy this dish with a bowl of hot white rice. I ended up finishing the entire dish and a large bowl of rice for lunch and now I feel full and satisfied 🙂
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is less than 25 minutes.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
- ½ pound chicken thighs, cut into long strips
- ½ bunch asparagus, snap then ends and cut into long strips
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red pepper, cut into long strips
- For marinating the chicken:
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Marinate the chicken with oil, cooking wine, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the pan, over medium heat, stir fry the chicken for about 3 minutes until the color has changed and fragrant.
- Turn to medium-high heat, add in the asparagus and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sauce, stir fry for another 2 minutes to make sure the sauce is evenly spreaded and well absorbed by the dish.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to serve.