Today, I am going to share with you guys my go-to recipe for times when I just want to cook something simple yet still tastes good and fresh. If you don’t believe in quickness and great flavor could be achieved at the same time for a dish, I am confident that this recipe will help change your mind 🙂 Let’s get started!
Start with the ingredients, all we need in order to make this dish are boneless chicken leg, carrots, potato and celery. Because these vegetables are harder to cook through, I stir fried them first until they started to turn soft, then I throw the chicken into the pan.
When the chicken has changed color, I poured in the water and added one serving of the curry sauce mix into the pan. After the sauce mix has melted, I simmered the dish for a couple of more minutes under medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
The curry sauce I used to make this dish is called S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix, Medium Hot. It comes in a box with five servings in it for around six dollars. This is a popular and traditional Japanese curry sauce, it’s easy to find in Japanese grocery stores or Asian markets. And here is a link for curry sauce mix from Amazon if there aren’t any Asian grocery stores in the area you live.
Yum! Yum! I took a bite of the chicken, it is both tender and flavorful. I like to top with cilantro and enjoy the chicken curry with a bowl of rice. Are you excited to try this easy-to-make delicious chicken curry at home today? Leave me a comment below if you like this recipe, I would love to hear from you guys!
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about less than 30 minutes!Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. Next week, I am going to share a “Beef and Kimchi Fried Rice” recipe, come back and check it out!
- 1 boneless chicken leg, cut into small pieces
- 1 and a half carrots, cut into small pieces
- half a potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small pieces
- a handful of cilantro for topping
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 serving of Colden Curry Sauce Mix, Medium Hot
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add in the carrots, potato and celery, stir fry for about 7-8 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the chicken, stir fry for about 4 minutes until the chicken has changed color.
- Add in one cup of water as well as one serving of Colden curry sauce mix into the pan, gently stir until the curry mix has melted into the pan.
- Turn to medium heat, simmer for about 6-7 minutes with lid on until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with cilantro and serve.