Today I am excited to share a Pan-fried Lemon Chicken recipe with you.
First, let me start by introducing the main ingredient. I used boneless skin on chicken thighs for today’s dish. The skin fat will release great flavor into the dish and helps to keep the meat tender when pan-fried.
First, I gave the chicken a rub with generous amount of salt (a quarter teaspoon on each side of the chicken thigh, 2 teaspoons in total) and pepper, and waited about 20 minutes for the chicken to absorb the seasoning.
While waiting for the chicken to be ready, I use the time to squeeze half a lemon and cut 4 cloves garlic as well as half an red onion into slices. Then I transferred the chickens into a food storage bag, added in the lemon juice, garlic and onion and marinated the chicken for two hours in a refrigerator.
To cook the chicken, I first seared the skin side with high heat for a couple of minutes until it’s golden brown. Then I turned the chicken over and pan fried the other side with low heat until it is cooked though (make sure no pinkness in the center by inserting a fork).
Finally, I placed the chickens on a plate, squeezed some lemon juice and sprinkled a touch of salt and pepper to serve. I like to complete the plate by adding some cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber slices garnished with freshly chopped parsley on the side.
Here is an overview of how I made this Pan-fried Lemon Chicken, see recipe below. If you like it, please leave a comment, nothing makes me happier than to hear from you.
- 4 boneless chicken skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- For marinating the chicken:
- black pepper
- fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- half a onion, shredded
- Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper on both sides, let sit 20 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, onion and garlic for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over high heat, make sure the oil is spread evenly around the pan.
- Carefully place the chicken on the pan one by one with skin side down.
- Pan-fry for 6-7 minutes over high heat until golden brown, shake the pan occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Turn to low heat and flip the chicken, continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice to serve.