Today I am excited to share a Pan-fried Lemon Chicken recipe with you.
First, let me start by introducing the main ingredient. I used boneless skin on chicken thighs for today’s dish. The skin fat will release great flavor into the dish and helps to keep the meat tender when pan-fried.
First, I gave the chicken a rub with generous amount of salt (a quarter teaspoon on each side of the chicken thigh, two teaspoons in total) and pepper, and waited about twenty minutes for the chicken to absorb the seasoning.
While waiting for the chicken to be ready, I use the time to squeeze half a lemon and cut 4 cloves garlic as well as half an red onion into slices. Then I transferred the chickens into a food storage bag, added in the lemon juice, garlic and onion and marinated the chicken for two hours in a refrigerator.
To cook the chicken, I first seared the skin side with high heat for a couple of minutes until it’s golden brown. Then I turned the chicken over and pan fried the other side with low heat until it is cooked though (make sure no pinkness in the center by inserting a fork).
Finally, I placed the chickens on a plate, squeezed some lemon juice and sprinkled a touch of salt and pepper to serve. I like to complete the plate by adding some cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber slices garnished with freshly chopped parsley on the side.
Here is an overview of how I made this Pan-fried Lemon Chicken, see recipe below.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty lemon pan-fried chicken at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 4 boneless chicken skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- For marinating the chicken:
- black pepper
- fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- half a onion, shredded
- Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper on both sides, let sit 20 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, onion and garlic for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over high heat, make sure the oil is spread evenly around the pan.
- Carefully place the chicken on the pan one by one with skin side down.
- Pan-fry for 6-7 minutes over high heat until golden brown, shake the pan occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Turn to low heat and flip the chicken, continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice to serve.