Today, I am going to share the recipe for a easy chicken salad dish made with steamed chicken breasts. With steam cooking, the chicken loses little to no moisture and could still keep its tenderness and nutritional value.
Other ingredients I could think of that’s good to add to this salad dish are red onion and celery.This shredded chicken salad has a fresh and bold flavor with freshly chopped cilantro and minced garlic.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
- Steam cook the chicken breast for 20-25 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Cool and shred the chicken breasts, set aside.
- Over medium heat, add oil, garlic and chili pepper flakes into a non-stick pan, stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Toss the salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cumin seed powder into the garlic-chili oil mixture.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix the shredded chicken with the garlic-chili oil sauce, serve and enjoy!