Today I am going to share another popular pork belly recipe – “Pork Belly and Kimchi”. Just like the Korean-style Pan-fried Pork Belly , this dish is also full of flavor and takes only three easy steps to make. I am sure you are going to love it 🙂
First, I marinated the pork belly with one tablespoon of Korean hot pepper paste, one tablespoon of soy sauce and half a teaspoon of sugar for about 10 minutes. When the pork belly has been marinated for about 7-8 minutes, I turned the heat on and started to pan fry the onion.
After cooking the onion for about 3 minutes, it has turned soft and browned. In the meantime, the pork belly are ready to be used as well. So I stirred in the marinated pork belly and stir fried for about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, until the pork has changed color.
Finally, I added the kimchi into the pan and stir fried all the ingredients together for about 2 minutes. And as a finishing touch, I drizzled the dish with sesame oil and sprinkled it with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
This is another one of my favorite pork belly recipes, because the pork belly is tender, juicy and with great flavor. I hope you guys will fall in love with it as well.
Below is a overview of how to make this dish. The total time needed is about 25 minutes.
Next time, I am going to share a “Cold Noodles with Tuna and Kimchi” recipe, come check it out!
Below is the recipe for this dish. I would love hear from you guys, leave me a comment below!
- Marinate the pork belly with Korean hot pepper paste, soy sauce and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium high heat, stir fry the onion for about 3 minutes until browned.
- Stir in the pork belly and cook for 3-4 minutes until changed color.
- Add in the kimchi and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with a handful of white sesame seeds and serve.