A couple months ago, I posted a “Korean Style Pan-fried Pork Belly” recipe and received a lot of positive feedback! Thank you everyone! Today, I am excited to share another pork belly recipe with you guys. This “Pork Belly and Mushroom” tastes great and is also very easy-to-make. I am sure you guys will like it as well.
The ingredients needed for the dish is very simple: pork belly, mushroom, peppers and garlic. For the mushroom, I used King Oyster Mushroom. It’s woody, sweet flavor and firm texture, matches great with the pork belly. You could find them easily in most of the Asian markets.
First, I blanched the pork belly to get rid of excessive fat. After that, I pan-fried the pork belly until they are browned and have a crispy edge. The pork belly will release a lot of fat during the cooking process, I discarded half of the oil and use the other half for stir frying the rest of the ingredients.
It is one of my favorite stir-fried pork belly recipes. The seasoning is simple, ingredients are convenient to find, and only takes less than 30 minutes to make. I can’t wait to enjoy this dish with a bowl of white rice. I hope you guys will try it out sometime and I am confident you guys will like this savory tasty dish!
Below is the recipe for this Pork Belly and Mushroom dish. If you like it, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave me a comment. Next time, I am going to share a recipe for “Chive and Ground Pork“, come back and check it out!
- ½ pound pork belly
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red long pepper, sliced
- 1 green long pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped for topping
- 1 small thai red hot chili pepper, cut into small pieces for topping at the end(very spicy, optional)
- For seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Bring a large pot of water into boil over high heat, carefully add in the pork belly, cook for about 5 minutes (to help get rid of excessive oil), remove the pork belly, drain well and cut into thick slices.
- While the pork belly has been cooked in the water, mix dark soy sauce, sugar, cooking wine and water, set aside for later use.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat without adding oil, place the pork belly onto the pan, pan-fry for about 5 minutes until browned. (Pork belly will release a lot of oil during the cooking process, I discarded half of the oil and left the other half for stir-frying the other ingredients later when making this dish)
- Stir in the king oyster mushroom, green and red peppers stir fry for about 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Add in the garlic, cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the sauce made earlier, stir fry for another 2 minutes until sauce is thoroughly mixed into the other ingredients.
- Top with chopped cilantro and red hot chili (optional) to serve!