Among a variety of different Asian greens sold in Asian supermarkets, Shanghai Bok Choy is the most popular kind. Today, I am going to share a pork and bok choy stir-fry recipe to show you one of the great ways to cook this wonderful ingredient.
Similar to the Pork with Green Pepper previously posted. This recipe falls under the quick-and-easy weeknight dinner recipe category. I am excited to share with you.
To prepare the Bok Choy for cooking, I started with first trimming off the ends of the stalks. Then, I washed them under cold water until all the dirt on the leaf as well as at the base of the stems were removed. Last step, I simply chopped the stalks into small pieces like shown above.
Besides the main ingredient – Bok Choy, I also added some pork belly to introduce a little bit meat flavor and texture into the dish. It’s totally okay to make it a vegetarian dish if you want. The same goes for the dried chili pepper, they helps to add a spicy kick to the dish, but is optional as well.
This simple Bok Choy dish will be an affordable and time-saving weeknight dinner choice. Don’t wait to try it out, you’ll like it. Here is a overview of how I made this dish.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty pork and bok choy at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 3-4 stalks bok choy, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 dried chili pepper, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 4-5 slices of pork belly, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- a touch of black pepper
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, pan fry the pork belly for about 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Stir in garlic and dried chili pepper, stir fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Turn to medium high heat, carefully add in the bok choy and toss in salt, soy sauce and black pepper, stir fry for about 2 minutes until cooked through and serve.