Looking for an easy and delicious pumpkin recipe for the fall? This healthy Steamed Pork Rib and Pumpkin is going to be a perfect fit. You’ll want to make it all the time like I do. I can’t wait to share with you guys how to make this dish, let’s jump right in.
To start, I used oyster sauce, soy sauce, potato starch, salt and sugar mixture to marinate the pork ribs. For this dish, the pork ribs are normally cut into small bite-size pieces. I often asked the butcher at the grocery store to cut the pork ribs for me. It’s safer to let the professional handle it and helps to save time.
Next, I simply placed the pumpkin cubes around the pork ribs and steam cook for about 20 minutes until the pork ribs are cooked through and the pumpkins are soft. I recommend using a big and deep plate because pumpkin will release a lot of water during cooking.
Now all we need to do is carefully removing the plate from the steamer and drained most of the water released by the pumpkin before serving. For garnishing the dish, I sprinkled on top freshly chopped green onion to add color and a hint of onion spiciness to the dish.
This healthy and comforting Steamed Pork Rib and Pumpkin is a perfect dish to share with family and friends. Everyone at the table will fall in love with the tender pork rib, sweet pumpkin and be impressed by your cooking. Grab a spoon and dig in!
Below is a recap of how I made this dish with a few easy steps.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty steamed pork rib and pumpkin at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- In a big plate, marinate the pork ribs with the mixture of oyster sauce, soy sauce, potato starch, salt and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin cubes around the pork ribs.
- Steam for 20 minutes with lid on over medium heat.
- Carefully remove the plate from the steamer and drain excessive water from the plate. (Pumpkin will release a lot of water after being steamed)
- Sprinkle on top fresh chopped green onion and serve.