Stir-fried Lo Mein is one of my favorite dishes. Not only does it taste so good but it’s also easy to make at home. There are a lot of different ways to make this dish. Today, I am going to share a super easy stir-fried lo mein recipe using pork and bok choy as main ingredients.
Bok Choy is a kind of leafy greens that commonly used in Chinese Cuisines. It is great for making a variety of dishes such as stir-fried bok choy with mushroom or bok choy congee with ground pork. I like to use it when making Lo Mein to make the dish look more appealing as well as add texture to the dish.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 serving dry lo mein noodle
- 2 medium bunches bok choy, washed and with ends trimmed
- ½ pound pork, cut into fine strips
- For marinating:
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- For seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- For cooking:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Marinating and massaging pork with cooking wine and potato starch for about 10 minutes.
- Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Cook the dry lo mein noodle in the boiling water for about 3 minutes, stir occasionally, rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Toss the dark soy sauce and oyster sauce onto the noodle and mix well.
- Blanch the prepared bok choy and set aside. (Link for how to blanch vegetables)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add garlic and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes or until fragrant and browned.
- Stir in the pork and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the pork has changed color.
- Stir in the lo mein noodles and continue to stir fry for another 3 minutes. (I used a long chopstick when stir fry the noodles to avoid burning)
- Add in the blanched bok choy and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Top with chopped green onion and serve.