I am sure you are a fan of fried rice. Now, with this recipe, you could make your own healthy and delicious fired rice at home! I used ham, egg, red onion, carrot, celery, sweet peas and of course, cooked white rice to demonstrate how to this dish. But feel free to substitute the ham with other types of meats or add other kinds of vegetables such as mushroom and broccoli instead. Have fun making fried rice!
I used a rice cooker to make the white rice for this dish. Rice cooker is an essential cooking appliance in a Chinese family’s kitchen. Here is a link to the rice cooker I am currently using.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over median-high heat, stir in the ham, red onion, celery, carrot and sweet peas, cook for 4-5 minutes until the celery and carrot have turned soft.
- Add the cooked white rice into the pan, keep stirring to make sure the rice is mixed well with all the ingredients and is heat evenly, cook for 3-4 minutes until the rice is heat through.
- Evenly pour the egg over the rice, stir fry for about 1 minutes until the egg has turned solid.
- Toss in the salt, soy sauce and sesame oil, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion and serve!