Spring is the best season to enjoy Chinese chives. Chive is a very healthy vegetable that’s low in calories and high in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In my home town, one of the most popular ways to make a dish with chive is pancake. Today, I am going to share with you the recipe for this Chive Pancake dish, let get started!
After mixing flour with water and eggs, I cut the chives into pieces and mixed them with the batter.
I spreaded just a little bit of oil evenly onto the pan over medium heat, and poured in about one-third of the mixture. After pan-fried for 5 minutes on each side, the pancake was done and looks like the picture below. You could always adjust the cooking time if you feel like the chives haven’t been cooked through yet.
My apartment was filled with the mouth-watering fragrant from the chive pancakes I just made 🙂 I like dipping them with a touch of soy sauce before eating.
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 40 minutes to make three 4-inch chive pancakes.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. Next week, I am going to share a “Sesame Spinich” recipe, come back and check it out!
- 1 bunch chives, clean, trim the ends and cut into 1-inch long strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce for dipping
- Put flour and eggs in a container, slowly pour water into the container, keep stiring to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Toss in the salt into the batter and add the chives into the mixture,set aside.
- Spread the oil evenly onto a non-stick pan over medium heat, carefully pour about ⅓ of the mixture into the pan and create a round shape, cook for about 4-5 minutes each side and remove the pancake from the pan, continue the process until all the mixture is used.
- Dip in the soy sauce and enjoy.