I have been having cravings for potato dishes this entire week. Now that the weather has started to get colder and colder in Vermont, some comfort food would be perfect to serve at the dinner table. That’s why I wanted to share the recipe for this tasty and easy-to-make Cumin Pan-seared Potato dish today. Now, let’s get stated.
The taste of this dish is garlicky, spicy and with a hint of cumin flavor. The hot, soft and plain potatoes are perfect for carrying the bold flavors. It’s a great choice for eating as a snack while watching super bowl games with your friends and family. That’s the recipe for today. I hope everyone is enjoying the nice fall weather 🙂 And don’t forget to leave me a comment if you like this recipe!
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 30 minutes!Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. Next week, I am going to share a “Beef and Onion Stir-fry” recipe, come back and check it out!
- 3 red potatoes
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 green chili pepper, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 2-3 dried chili pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablspoons oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil over high heat, carefully add the potatoes into the pot and then turn to medium heat.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes until softened but still firm (I tested with a chopstick, you could also use a folk or a knife)
- Drian the potatoes in a colander and then peel.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into long halfs, carefully and slightly pat the potatoes with a knife to make them flatter.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in half of the minced garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes untilthe garlic is browned and fragrant.
- Turn to low heat, add in the potatoes and pan-fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes until both sides of the potatoes are browned, set the potatoes and the garlic aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, toss in the other half of the garlic, the red green and dried peppers, season with cumin powder, salt and pepper, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and garlic and toss in the dried basil, stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve.