Similar to the “Carrot pancake” recipe, to make this easy yet tasty cabbage pancake, we only need two main ingredients, they are cabbage and flour. Yes, as simple as that. Because this dish only used a touch of salt as seasoning, you will be able to taste the natrual sweet taste of the cabbage when it’s done. I like to dip the pancakes in soy sauce when enjoying, the savory taste of soy sauce is a great combination with the sweet taste of the cabbage.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- soy sauce for dipping (optional)
- Mix flour and water in a bowl, keep stirring until the batter is smooth, add the shredded cabbage and salt and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, brush the inside of the pan with a little bit oil, gently pour half of the batter mixture onto the pan to create a thin round shape, pan fry for about 5 minutes each side with lid on.
- Continue the same cooking process to make another pancake.
- Dip with the sauce you like and enjoy!