Today I am going to share a recipe about a tasty vegetarian dish, the egg and tomato stir-fry. It is one of the most common dishes in China, almost every family knows how to make this dish. I also feel this dish is a great comfort food choice.
For the ingredients, all we will need are: tomato, egg and green onion.
Here is a small tip to make the egg tastes better, that is to add a touch of sugar into the egg mixture and mix well before cooking. When making this dish, I used three eggs, so I added half teaspoon of sugar into the egg.
I poured the egg mixture onto the pan and waited for about a minute. When the egg has begun to set, I added the tomato into the pan (like shown in the picture on the left side below). And after about four minutes, the tomato has softened and it looks like what’s shown in the picture on the right side below.
I simply seasoned the dish with some salt and then topped with some chopped green onion to serve.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this tasty and healthy egg and tomato at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces each
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add sugar into the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, slowly pour in the egg mixtures and gently move the pan around to evenly spread the egg.
- Wait for about 1 minute until the egg has began to set, add in the tomato and toss in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, stir fry occasionally until the tomato has turned soft.
- Toss in the salt and another 1 tablespoon of water, continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion, serve and enjoy!