Today I am going to share a recipe about a tasty vegetarian dish, the egg and tomato stir-fry. It is one of the most common dishes in China, almost every family knows how to make this dish. I also feel this dish is a great comfort food choice.
For the ingredients, all we will need are: tomato, egg and green onion. That’s pretty simple, right?
Here is a small tip to make the egg tastes better, that is to add a touch of sugar into the egg mixture and mix well before cooking. When making this dish, I used 3 eggs, so I added 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into the egg.
I poured the egg mixture onto the pan and waited for about a minute. When the egg has begun to set, I added the tomato into the pan (like shown in the picture on the left side below). And after about 4 minutes, the tomato has softened and it looks like what’s shown in the picture on the right side below.
I simply seasoned the dish with some salt and then topped with some chopped green onion to serve.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
Below is the recipe for this egg and tomato dish. If you like it, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave me a comment. Next week, I am going to share a “Chinese Chicken Nuggets” recipe, come back and check it out!
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces each
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, trimmed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add sugar into the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, slowly pour in the egg mixtures and gently move the pan around to evenly spread the egg.
- Wait for about 1 minute until the egg has began to set, add in the tomato and toss in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, stir fry occasionally until the tomato has turned soft.
- Toss in the salt and another 1 tablespoon of water, continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onion, serve and enjoy!