This carrot pancake could be ready in less than 30 minutes and it tastes really good. I like to eat it as breakfast or sometimes as a snack. You only need three main ingredients to make this dish, that is, carrot, egg and flour. I am a firm believer that deliciousness often comes from basic and simple ingredients. And this recipe is a perfect example for it. If you end up liking this dish, I would recommend you to also check out the “Easy cabbage pancake” recipe, I think you will find it helpful too.
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.Note: If you are not familiar with some of the sauces, spices or seasonings that I used in the recipes, here is a resource page called that I have created to help provide you with these information.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- a handful of chopped green onion for topping
- soy sauce for dipping (optional)
- Put shredded carrot, two eggs and flour into a medium bowl, add salt and mix all the ingredients well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and shake the pan around to let the oil spread evenly on the bottom of the pan. Carefully place the mixture onto the pan and create three round shapes use the spatula, fry for about 5 minutes each side until heat through.
- Top with green onion to serve and dip in your favorite sauce( soy sauce for me) to enjoy!