Daikon radish is a common vegetable in Asian. Typically in season during winter but available all-year round. There are many daikon radish recipes available, making a salad is a popular way to cook daikon. Today I made a healthy Carrot and Daikon Radish Salad with simple sesame oil dressing.
This dish takes less than 10 minutes to make. To start, I used a vegetable spiralizer to cut then into “spaghetti strands”. The noodle shape helps the ingredients to better absorb the salad dressing later and is very fun to eat!
I added some chopped Thai chili pepper for a spicy kick, if you prefer a non-spicy version, chopped scallion is a great substitute. The seasoning for this dish is real simple. Sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds are all we need to give this dish a balanced and refreshing sweet and sour taste.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty carrot and daikon radish salad at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- half a medium-sized daikon radish, peeled
- a carrot, peeled
- 1-2 thai chili pepper, chopped (optional, could be substituted with chopped scallion)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- a handful of roasted sesame seeds
- Cut the daikon radish and carrot into "spaghetti strands" with a spiralizer.
- Transfer them into a container, sprinkle in chopped Thai chili peppers (or chopped scallion for non-spicy version).
- Toss in sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds, mix well and let sit for 10 minutes to enjoy!