Does bacon really make everything better? My answer is YES!
You will need to try these mouthwatering bacon-wrapped tomatoes skewers. The sizzling, crispy bacon combined with juicy cherry tomatoes is going to be a real crowd-pleaser at your next party. I guarantee everyone will like it!
Making these tiny skewers is really easy and fun! All we will need are bacon, cherry tomatoes and toothpicks.
To wrap each cherry tomato, only a half-length bacon slice is enough. So the first thing I do is cut the bacon slices in half.
After that, I put the cherry tomato towards the end of the bacon slice, wrap around tight and secure by inserting a toothpick.
You can cook this dish either with a pan or on a grill. I used a pan this time, it took me only 10 minutes. Super easy!
Only thing to remember is avoid using high heat. Because while the meat crisps, we want the fat to have a chance to melt. So medium or medium-low heat is the way to go.
As a final touch, I drizzled the bacon-wrapped tomato mini skewers with honey and garnished with fresh chopped green onion right before serving. (Sliced basil leaves works great as well.)
This dish is so easy to make and will be a great appetizer at your next party or family meal!
I hope you enjoy making Pan-fried Bacon Wrapped Cherry Tomatoes. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- a handful of cherry tomatoes (about 20)
- 10 slices of bacon (half a slice bacon to wrap each cherry tomato)
- 20 toothpicks to hold the tomatoes
- honey for glazing
- a touch of chopped green onion for topping
- Wrap the cherry tomato with bacon strips and secure with a toothpick, set aside.
- Place the bacon wrapped tomatoes onto a pan, pan fry over medium heat with lid on until the bacon has turned brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. (cook in batch, if needed)
- Place the tomatoes on a plate, glaze with some honey and top with some freshly chopped green onion or basil leaves to serve.