Today I am going to share with you the recipe for a healthy and delicious ground beef and edamame.
In the frozen food section of the local grocery store, I was able to find the frozen shelled edamame, other ingredients I used to make this dish are: ground beef (or ground pork), red bell pepper and garlic.
Simply season with salt, Chinese rice cooking wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce, a tasty home-made edamame stir fry will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this delicious ground beef and edamame at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
Easy Ground Beef and Edamame
Author: Spice the Plate
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups edamame beans
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet pan over medium heat, stir fry the ground beef for about 2 minutes until it starts to change color, pour in the cooking wine, cook for 1 minute and set aside.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, stir in the galic slices and edamame beans, stir fry for a few seconds and toss in the salt, cook for about 5 minutes until the beans have turned soft, add in the red bell pepper, stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef back into the pan, toss in the soy sauce and oyster sauce, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Just made this, used fish sauce instead of oyster sauce and overgrown beans called Flambo (a heritage type). Wow. Totally loved it. Thank you.