Today I am going to share the recipe for baked shredded chicken. This dish can be served as an appetizer or simply enjoyed as a snack.
You could either boil the boneless chicken breast and make shredded chicken from scratch or you could simply shred some leftover rotisserie chicken if you have any lying around. Either will work well as the base for this recipe.
If you are a fan of my food blog, you probably know I like to share easy recipes that don’t compromise on taste. This recipe is a great example.
To make this baked and shredded chicken, all I did is marinating the shredded chicken with a tasty salt and pepper flavored ketchup sauce for ten minutes and bake at 375° F until they were lightly browned.
The time needed for baking is less than 20 minutes. 10 minutes on one side and another 8-10 minutes after turning. While the chicken is in the oven, I watched a couple cute corgi puppy youtube videos.
These baked shredded chicken are loaded with flavor and hard to put down. It’s also a simple and delicious way to transform the leftover rotisserie chicken and give it a flavor boost.
Below is a recap of how I made this dish with three easy steps.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty baked shredded chicken at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- ½ pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 3-4 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- For marinating the chicken:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil, add in ginger slices and cooking wine.
- Carefully cook the chicken breast under the boiling water for about 15 minutes, fish out the chicken, drain and wait for it to cool down.
- Tear the chicken breasts to shreds.
- Marinate the shredded chicken with olive oil, ketchup, salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), while waiting for the oven to heat, cover a sheet pan with tin foil and spread the chicken evenly on it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and turn the chicken shreds, continue baking for another 8-10 minutes after turning.
- Enjoy as a snack or appetizer.