Today I am going to share with you guys the recipe for an easy-to-make yet super delicious Chinese Chicken Nuggets. I am 100% sure you will fall in love with this dish.
It’s a perfect snack for sharing with the family and friends. You could wow your friends with knowing how to make Chinese chicken nuggets now.Ready to learn how to make this dish? Let’s get started.
To start, I first cut the chicken thighs into small pieces, and then marinated them with soy sauce, cooking wine, Chinese five spice powder, salt and sugar for about thirty minutes.
Then I used 1 cup of bread crumbs to coat the chicken pieces evenly like shown in the picture below.
Finally, I deep fried the chicken first with medium-high heat for about 1 minute, and then I turned the heat down to medium, and kept frying for another four minutes until the chicken nuggets are all cooked through and also crispy and browned on the surface like shown in the picture below.
My favorite way to enjoy this dish is to sprinkle a touch of black pepper and pour a glass of coke.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.
I hope you enjoy making this delicious Chinese chicken nuggets at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- ½ pound chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Black pepper to taste
- For marinating the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon five spices powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, cooking wine, five spices powder, salt and sugar for about 30 minutes.
- Evenly coat the chicken with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat, carefully add the chicken into the pan and deep fry for about 1 minute.
- Turn to medium heat, continue deep-frying the chicken for another 4 minutes until the chicken nuggets are all cooked through and also crispy and browned on the surface.
- Fish out the chicken nuggets and absorb the extra oil with paper towel if needed.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste and serve.
This looks amazing! My family would devour it in no time! Definitely have to try it out.