Today, I am going to share the recipe of a simple yet tasty chicken curry. If you don’t believe in quickness and great flavor could be achieved at the same time for a dish, I am confident that this recipe will help change your mind. Let’s get started!
Start with the ingredients, all we need in order to make this dish are boneless chicken leg, carrots, potato and celery. Because these vegetables are harder to cook through, I stir fried them first until they started to turn soft, then I throw the chicken into the pan.
When the chicken has changed color, I poured in the water and added one serving of the curry sauce mix into the pan. After the sauce mix has melted, I simmered the dish for a couple of more minutes under medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
The curry sauce I used to make this dish is called S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix, Medium Hot. It comes in a box with five servings in it for around six dollars.
This is a popular and traditional Japanese curry sauce, it’s easy to find in Japanese grocery stores or Asian markets. And here is a link for curry sauce mix from Amazon if there aren’t any Asian grocery stores in your area.
Yum! Yum! I took a bite of the chicken, it is tender and flavorful. I like to top with cilantro and enjoy the chicken curry with a bowl of rice.
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about less than 30 minutes!I hope you enjoy making this super easy chicken curry at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 boneless chicken leg, cut into small pieces
- 1 and a half carrots, cut into small pieces
- half a potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small pieces
- a handful of cilantro for topping
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 serving of Colden Curry Sauce Mix, Medium Hot
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add in the carrots, potato and celery, stir fry for about 7-8 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the chicken, stir fry for about 4 minutes until the chicken has changed color.
- Add in one cup of water as well as one serving of colden curry sauce mix into the pan, gently stir until the curry mix has melted into the pan.
- Turn to medium heat, simmer for about 6-7 minutes with lid on until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with cilantro and serve.