This pan-fried honey garlic chicken recipe I am going to share, is without a doubt at the top of my everyday cooking recipe list.
Whenever I decide to make this dish, I’ll marinate the chicken with honey garlic sauce the day before. The next day, all I have to do is heating up the skillet and wait 15 minutes. The tender-crisp chicken with a delicious honey glaze will be ready.
To make the honey garlic sauce, we’ll only need 6 simple ingredients. And I bet you already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
These ingredients are salt, ground black pepper, oil, honey, rice vinegar, and minced garlic, that’s it! In the recipe below, I have specified the amounts to use for each ingredient to marinate a pound worth of chicken breast (about 4 pieces).
Tips to pan-frying chicken breasts:
I’d like to share some simple tips to help you make chicken that’s tender inside and crispy outside.
- Use medium-low heat to avoid burning the garlic
- Cover the pan with a lid to retain moisture
- Be patient, wait for the chicken to release itself before flipping
For a quick meal, I added some blanched golden zucchini alongside the chicken, sprinkled some freshly chopped scallion on top and served everything over rice.
I hope you enjoy making this simple honey garlic chicken. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 4 pieces of chicken breast with or without skin (about a pound)
- For marinating the chicken:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- a head garlic, minced
- Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper on both sides, let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting, whisk oil, honey, rice vinegar and garlic in a container.
- Transfer the chicken into large ziploc bag and pour the honey garlic sauce over, marinate at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan until shimmering, carefully place the chicken in the pan.
- Cook 6-7 minutes with lid on and flip to the other side and continue cooking 6-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the chicken on a plate, drizzle some honey on top.
- Top with green onion and black pepper to serve.
- Combine with vegetable and rice for a simple meal.
There is no print icon with this recipe. How do I print out the Pan Fried Honey Garlic Chicken without printing 10 pages?
Thank you for reaching out. I’ve configured the setup and added a “print” button. Happy cooking!
I want to make this tonight and am wondering if a shorter marinating time will still work?
It will work, but I would recommend to marinate at least a couple hours for the flavor to be absorbed. What I like to do is marinating the chicken the night before and they’ll be ready for dinner next day.Hope it helps 🙂
Absolutely delicious. Made it 2 nights in a row it’s so good.
I am glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂 Thanks Lila.
what if you dont have rice wine
Pale dry sherry tastes very close to rice wine, it would be a great substitute!
Would it taste weird to add a bit of curry powder?
I haven’t tried it myself but I don’t see why not as long as it’s not overpowering.
I made this recipe but added a couple table spoons of red miso and holy LANTA was it good!
Thanks, I am glad you liked it!
Can ordinary white vinegar replace rice vinegar?
White vinegar tastes slightly stronger than rice vinegar to me, I recommend adjusting the amount if using white vinegar 🙂
I added lemon zest an juice of half the fruit
Does the marinating can still be effective if I’ll gonna use it ito chicken wings?
For chicken wings, I would probably marinate it slightly longer, let me know how it turns out!