This pan-fried honey garlic chicken recipe I am going to share, is without a doubt at the top of my everyday cooking recipe list.
Whenever I decide to make this dish, I’ll marinate the chicken with honey garlic sauce the day before. The next day, all I have to do is heating up the skillet and wait 15 minutes. The tender-crisp chicken with a delicious honey glaze will be ready.
To make the honey garlic sauce, we’ll only need 6 simple ingredients. And I bet you already have all the ingredients in your panty.
These ingredients are : salt, ground black pepper, oil, honey, rice vinegar and minced garlic, that’s it! In the recipe below, I have specified the amounts to use for each ingredient to marinate a pound worth of chicken breast (about 4 pieces).
Tips to pan-frying chicken breasts:
I’d like to share some simple tips to help you make chicken that’s tender inside and crispy outside.
- Use medium-low heat to avoid burning the garlic
- Cover the pan with a lid to retain moisture
- Be patient, wait for the chicken to release itself before flipping
For a quick meal, I added some blanched golden zucchini along side the chicken, sprinkled some freshly chopped scallion on top and served everything over rice.
I hope you enjoy making this simple honey garlic chicken. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 4 pieces of chicken breast with or without skin (about a pound)
- For marinating the chicken:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- a head garlic, minced
- Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper on both sides, let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting, whisk oil, honey, rice vinegar and garlic in a container.
- Transfer the chicken into large ziploc bag and pour the honey garlic sauce over, marinate at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan until shimmering, carefully place the chicken in the pan.
- Cook 6-7 minutes with lid on and flip to the other side and continue cooking 6-7 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the chicken on a plate, drizzle some honey on top.
- Top with green onion and black pepper to serve.
- Combine with vegetable and rice for a simple meal.