Today, I am going to share the recipe for spicy shredded chicken salad made with steamed chicken breasts. With steam cooking, the chicken loses little to no moisture and could still keep its tenderness and nutritional value.
Other ingredients I could think of that’s good to add to this salad dish are red onion and celery. This shredded chicken salad has a fresh and bold flavor with freshly chopped cilantro and minced garlic.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty spicy shredded chicken salad at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
- Steam cook the chicken breast for 20-25 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Cool and shred the chicken breasts, set aside.
- Over medium heat, add oil, garlic and chili pepper flakes into a non-stick pan, stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Toss the salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cumin seed powder into the garlic-chili oil mixture.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix the shredded chicken with the garlic-chili oil sauce, serve and enjoy!