Today I am going to share with you a healthy, delicious Sriracha Chicken and Avocado Bowl. It’s made with sriracha-vinegar sauce dressed chicken breast, fresh avocado, sweet corns and rice (optional). Being a quick and easy recipe (takes only half an hour to make), this dish is a great choice for a weeknight meal. Here’s how I made this dish, it’s real simple!
My favorite thing about this dish is the savory and mild spicy sriracha-vinegar sauce. To make the sauce, I added olive oil, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and oyster sauce into a saucepan and brought to a simmer on the stovetop over low heat. After the chicken was fully cooked, I cut it into 1-inch size cubes and tossed with the sauce until they were evenly coated.
Next, I cooked 3/4 cups frozen corn and added to the dish. The sweetness from the corn balanced out the spiciness from the chicken. Adding a pinch of salt to the water when boiling the corns helps to maintain color and improve flavor.
I am a big fan of avocado’s unique creamy texture. To finish making this dish, I cut up half an avocado into cubes and topped with roasted sesame seeds. Because the cut surface of the avocado will turn brown or black when exposed to the oxygen for too long. I chose to add avocado last.
Enjoy this 30-minutes easy and healthy sriracha chicken and avocado bowl. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Place the chicken in a pot large enough to hold the chicken, add water to cover the chicken and bring to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cover the pan with a lid, wait until the chicken is fully cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch cubes, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add olive oil, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and oyster sauce.
- Place on the stove over low heat, bring to a simmer while stirring with a spoon.
- When the sauce begins to bubble on the sides of the pan, remove from heat.
- Add the chicken into the sauce, toss and stir with a spoon until evenly coated with the dressing, set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat, reduce to simmer, add the frozen corn and cook 3-4 minutes until cooked through (stir occasionally), drain and set aside.
- Cut half a avocado into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine chicken, corns and avocado in a bowl, top with roasted sesame seeds to serve and enjoy!