This week I am sharing the recipe for a healthy steamed tofu with ground meat!
A healthy recipe doesn’t have to be bland. It can be just as delicious and easy to assemble. This dish is a perfect example of that.
Follow this recipe, you won’t need to break a sweat to make a tasty dish for your family.
A pack of soft tofu, minced meat (I used pork) and green onion are all we need to make this simple dish. The total time needed is 30 minutes including preparation.
First, let’s marinate the ground pork for 10 minutes with soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine, oyster sauce, potato starch and ginger powder.
While waiting for the meat, I took the tofu out of the package and slice it into half-inch thick slices.
Once ten minutes has passed, all we need to do is spreading the marinated ground pork onto the tofu and transfer the bowl into a steamer.
The tofu will release water during cooking (refer to the recipe section below for cooking instructions), this is how the final product looked like. I sprinkled chopped green onion as the finishing touch.
Get a spoonful of tender tofu, add some juicy ground pork and put some chili garlic sauce on top for a spicy kick, I am sure you’ll be wowed by the taste.
The highlight of the dish is the broth. It’s packed with umami flavor released from the meat.
Add the broth, tofu, and meat on top of white rice is my favorite way to enjoy this dish, I highly recommend!
Share this recipe with your friends or leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts about this recipe. Cheers and see you next time!
- 1 pack soft tofu (12 oz)
- ¼ pound ground pork
- For marinating the meat:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- half teaspoon potato starch
- half teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- Sauce and topping (optional):
- soy sauce to taste
- chili garlic sauce to taste
- Marinate the ground pork with the mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine, oyster sauce, potato starch and ginger powder for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tofu from the package and place it in a shallow bowl.
- Slice the tofu width-wise into half-inch thick slices.
- Spread the marinated ground pork onto the tofu and transfer the shallow bowl into a steamer.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- When the steam starting to emerge, carefully transfer the steamer into the pot, cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Steam the tofu for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Carefully remove the cover of the steamer (watch out for the steam) and sprinkle freshly chopped green onion on top to serve.
- Enjoy while hot.