Looking for something tasty yet easy to cook? Check out this Bacon with Brussels Sprouts stir fry.
I went to a farmer’s market yesterday and came across these fresh and beautiful Brussels sprouts. This recipe popped into my head the moment I saw them. So I bought them home, made this dish and now I am here to share with you guys.
The main ingredients for this dish are simple: Brussels sprouts and bacon. I added a handful of toasted pine nuts in the end but this is entirely optional.
Before making the stir-fry, I broiled the Brussels sprouts in salted water for about two minutes and cooked the bacon strips under low heat until crisp in a cast icon pan.
Preparation work is done, now it’s time to make the stir-fry. I added the Brussels sprouts into a medium skillet and cooked them under medium-high heat for about two minutes until lightly browned. Then I tossed in the bacon and toasted pine nuts (to add texture) and seasoned the dish with salt and black pepper.
If you are familiar with roasting Brussels sprouts (which I like as well), it would be fun to switch things up a little and try making a stir-fry this time. This quick-and-easy dish takes only 20 minutes to make and is guaranteed delicious!
Here is a simple overview of how I made this bacon with Brussels sprouts.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty bacon with Brussels sprouts at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut each head in half
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 handful of toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Boil Russel Sprouts:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium pot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add salt into a medium pot of water and bring to boil, cook the russell sprouts for 2 minutes under the water, drain well and set aside.
- In a cold cast icon pan, lay out the bacon strips, cook under low heat until the bacon is crisp.
- Transfer the bacon onto a paper towel, drain well and cut into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet under medium-high heat, stir in the russell sprouts, cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add in bacon and toasted pine nuts, season with salt, black pepper according to your taste, stir fry a minutes to mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve.