Sprinkle with black pepper, this easy bacon and asparagus stir-fry is one of my favorite dishes in the summer. The freshness of the ingredients are key to the success of this dish. And all you need are Asparagus, Bacon and Garlic.
As a foodie, I try to make my food not only tastes good but also looks appealing. When cutting the asparagus ( after snapping the ends off) , I positioned my knife at around a 30-degree angle to the cutting board and then slice the spears cross, this is how the asparagus would have a angled edge.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this tasty bacon and asparagus at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound thin asparagus
- ¼ pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- First snap away the ends of each asparagus spear by bending the spear and find a place where it breaks to make sure we only keep the tender part for the dish.
- Cut the asparagus spears into about 2- inch long strips by positioning the knife at around a 30-degree angle to your cutting board and slice the spears across.
- Cut the bacon into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, pan fry the bacon for about 4-5 minutes until crisp around the edges .
- Add in the garlic and asparagus and stir fry for about 4 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Toss in the soy sauce and stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Sprinkle wih salt and black pepper to taste and serve.