Today I am going to share the recipe of a eggplant with ground pork stir fry. I am a big fan of this dish, it’s easy to make and full of flavor.
For ingredients, I used Chinese eggplant, ground pork (feel free to use ground beef or other types of meat you like), chili pepper, garlic, ginger and green onion.
Chinese eggplant usually comes in a long shape and has a lighter taste and thinner skin compared to the eggplants sold at the non-Asian grocery store. If you can’t find Chinese eggplant, feel free to use other types of eggplants to make this dish. But make sure to adjust the cooking time a little bit.
After frying the eggplants until they are cooked through and soft, I simply stir-fried the eggplants together with the rest of the ingredients as well as the seasonings for a couple of more minutes and the dish is done and ready to be served.
My favorite way to enjoy this dish is to eat with a bowl of hot white rice. If you are looking for a easy eggplant recipe, this would not let you down.
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 30 minutes!I hope you enjoy making this tasty eggplant stir fry at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the eggplants for about 8-10 minutes under medium-high heat until the eggplants are soft and cooked through.
- Fish out the eggplants from the pan and set aside.
- Leave a little bit of oil in the pan, throw in the pork, ginger and garlic, stir fry for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the eggplants back into the pan, toss in the salt, sugar, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce, stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Toss in the green onion and cook for another minute and serve.