Today I am going to share a budget-friendly and super easy-to-make Ginger Minced Pork Rice Bowl recipe. It’s my go-to dish for making a quick weeknight meal without compromising on taste.
For main ingredients, we’ll need ground pork, ginger, scallion and rice. The actual making of this dish is incredibly easy. Let me walk you through it. First, I cooked the ground pork and grated ginger in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the pork has browned.
To season, I used sugar, rice cooking wine and soy sauce. What I normally do is I’d whisk all the seasoning sauces in a small container to set aside before I start cooking. It’s helps to save time and avoid the pork to be overcooked.
After adding in the seasonings, I simmered the dish two minutes for the flavor to be absorbed. To finish this dish, I added some sesame oil, and garnished with scallion and roasted sesame seeds (this is optional).
Making a meal that serves four in under 15 minutes with less than 10 dollars’ budget, that’s pretty awesome right? Now, it’s time to treat yourself! Spoon as many delicious ground pork as you like on top some rice and dig in!
Here is an overview of how I made this Ginger Minced Pork Rice Bowl in under 15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty ginger minced pork rice bowl at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Whisk together sugar, rice cooking wine and soy sauce in a small container.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground pork and grated ginger, cook 2-3 minutes or until pork has turned brown (make sure to crumble the meat as it cooks).
- Stir in the seasoning mixture, mix until well combined, allow it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss in sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds and chopped scallion, cook another 30 seconds before removing from heat.
- Place rice in a bowl, spoon some ginger minced pork on top to serve and enjoy!