I am excited to share the recipe of delicious home-made egg rolls. They are crispy on the outside, juicy and savory on the inside. Perfect for sharing!
Egg roll wrappers are easy to find. You could get them from Asian grocery stores or online. I bought the egg roll wrappers in Chinatown for less than three dollars.
For fillings, I used ground pork, cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts. Feel free to replace pork with other protein types such as chicken, turkey, or even tofu (ideally firm tofu).
After the fillings have cooled down a little, I placed a quarter cup worth of fillings at the center of the wrap and started to fold the egg rolls. This time, I made a total of sixteen egg rolls.
Serve these delicious egg rolls as an appetizer or snack at your next family gathering, everyone is going to love the bite-size treats. My only advice is enjoying them while hot!
Below is a recap of how I made this dish.
I hope you enjoy making home-made egg rolls. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Season the ground pork with 1/4 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1/2 tablespoon of cooking wine, set aside.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of potato starch and 1/4 cup of water in a container and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, stir fry the pork over medium heat for about 3 minutes until no longer pink, remove from the pan.
- Pour in another 2 tablespoons of oil, throw in the cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the pork back into the pan, toss in 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pour the potato starch mixture around the pan, continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. (This is the filling for the egg rolls)
- Make egg rolls (I made about 12 of them with the fillings).
- Heat about 4 cups oil in a deep pan over high heat until the oil is hot enough for frying, carefully add the egg rolls into the oil, fry for about 1 minute each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Place the egg rolls on paper towel to drain the excessive oil.
- Serve with lettuce and dipping sauce of your choice.