Today I want to share the recipe for a delicious Korean Style Pan-fried Pork Belly with you. Not only does it taste amazing but also is super easy to make!
You don’t have to get the same brand I am using. There are a lot of different brands that are making the hot pepper paste, they taste about the same.
To start, I cut the pork belly into thin slices. Then I marinate the pork with half teaspoon of minced garlic, ginger; one tablespoon of Korean hot pepper paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
After about 20 minutes, the pork belly slices are ready to be cooked.
I placed the pork belly evenly onto a non-stick pan and pan-fried them for about 4-5 minutes each side until they have been cooked through.
Top with a handful of my favorite garnish- the fresh cilantro, now this easy and tasty Korean-style pan-fried pork belly is ready to be served!
Below is a step-by- step demonstration of how I made this dish with pictures.
Recipe for Korean-style Pan-fried Pork Belly is at the end of this post, happy cooking!
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1/2 pound pork belly (with or without skin)
- cilantro for topping (optional)
- For marinating the pork belly:
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Marinate the pork belly with garlic, ginger, Korean hot pepper paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds for about 20 minutes.
- Turn to medium-low heat, and place the pork belly slices onto a non-stick pan.
- Pan fry for about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Top with cilantro to serve.