This minced pork with green bean is one of my go-to recipes for preparing a quick weeknight meal. Serve it over rice or noodles, our dinner is often ready within 20 minutes.
Cooking dinner for two almost every night is no easy task. My secret is having a few low-effort (takes less than 30 minutes to make) recipes on hand and prepping the ingredients one-day in advance. This way, when I get home after a crazy-long day, all I have to do is getting the ingredients out from the fridge and start cooking.
This recipe requires only a few ingredients and all of them are easy to find at the grocery store. All we need are garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, green bean and ground pork.
For preparation, we’ll need to 1) cut the trimmed green beans into 1/4-inch long pieces; 2) dice the bell pepper and 3) mince the garlic and ginger. I normally prepare everything the night before cooking and keep the ingredients in the fridge in separate containers. So the next day, I can cook straight out of the fridge.
Because the green beans take a little bit longer to cook than the other ingredients, I normally stir fry them alone for a few minutes first. And to avoid overcooking the green beans, once they have turned slightly soft, I’d remove them from the pan and set aside. The rest of the cooking is easy peasy.
Grab a spoon and take a bite of this dish, you’ll be able to experience a perfect combination of flavor and texture. Serve it over rice, a quick yet nutritious meal is right in front of you. Time to dig in!
I hope you enjoy making this simple home-style minced pork with green bean recipe. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch long pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat, stir in the string beans, stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until soft and cooked through, remove from the pan.
- Add 1/4 cup oil and sauté the garlic, ginger and red pepper, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the ground pork and stir fry for about 2 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the green beans back into the pan and toss in the salt, cooking wine, soy sauce and oyster sauce, stir fry another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve while hot.