Are you a fan of pork belly? I know I definitely am! Today I am sharing the recipe of a tasty pork belly with carrot stir fry. This recipe is one of my favorite to-go dishes for a quick meal. If you are looking for something simple yet tasty to make for your family on a weekday night, this would be a nice dish to try.
Stir fry is a technique to cook food quickly by cutting into small pieces and stirring constantly in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Because most stir fry dishes take not much time to make, and are nutrition balanced (often use both protein and vegetables as ingredients in one dish), making stir fry a very popular cooking method in China.
Making this dish is incredibly easy. First, I cooked the vegetables and pork belly separately. Then, I stirred fried everything together and seasoned the dish with soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt. The total time I spent to make this dish is only 15 minutes.
The flavor for this dish is savory, with hint of natural sweetness from the carrot. Serve it with rice and pair with a healthy miso soup, this is what an easy weekday night dinner looks like for us. Try it out, I know you will like it.Here is an overview of how I made this tasty pork belly with carrot, enjoy the recipe below.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty pork belly with carrot at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 green peppers, cut into big pieces
- 6 slices of pork belly, cut into big pieces
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil over medium-high heat, stir in the carrot and green pepper, stir fry for about 2 minutes until soft and cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the pork belly into the pan, cooke for about 2 minutes until browned.
- Add the carrot and pepper back into the pan and toss in soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes to serve.