This pork belly with spicy garlic sauce is a must try! The sliced pork belly is tender, flavorful, simply to die for. Even better? It takes only 30 minutes to make. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you.
To start, I boiled the ginger, bay leaves, cinnamon, peppercorn and dried chili pepper in water for about ten minutes to first get the flavor out of these aromatic ingredients. Then, I used the water to boil the pork belly and render the fat.
Cooking the thinly sliced pork belly with the spice infused broth is the key! It helps to give the pork belly an irresistible base flavor.
After setting the cooked pork belly aside, I began to prepare the dressing.
I used a combination of essential Chinese seasonings such as soy sauce, Lao Gan Ma black beans chili sauce, Chinese vinegar and sesame oil for the seasoning sauce. It is hot, savory, acidic and super appetizing.
To boost flavor, add more color and texture to this dish, I garnished the pork belly with fresh cilantro, minced garlic, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
This pork belly with spicy garlic sauce is one of my top 10 personal favorite recipes of the year. I am a huge fan and would recommend this dish to anyone who’s looking for a good pork belly recipe.
To serve, simply combine pork belly with the sauce and garnishments in a large bowl and mix everything together!
Here is a recap of how I made this dish.
I hope you enjoy this “Pork Belly with Spicy Garlic Sauce” as much as I did. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- half a pound pork belly, cut into thin slices
- ⅓ bunch fresh cilantro, cut into half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a handful of toasted peanut, chop them into small pieces (optionally if you are allergic to peanut)
- a touch of toasted sesame seeds
- For seasoning sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lao Gan Ma black beans chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spices needed for boiling with the pork belly:
- 3-4 slices ginger
- a couple bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- a handful of Sichuan peppercorn
- a couple of dried chili peppers
- Mix soy sauce, Lao Gan Ma black beans chili sauce, Chinese vinegar, sesame oil and minced garlic into a container as the sauce and set aside.
- Fill a pan with cold water, add in ginger, bay leaves, cinnamon, peppercorn and dried chili pepper and bring to boil over high heat, continue to boil for about 10 minutes until the flavor of the spices start to come out.
- Carefully stir in the pork belly slices and cook under boiling water for about 7-8 minutes or until cooked through, remove the pork belly from pan, drain well and set aside.
- Top the pork belly with cilantro, garlic, peanuts and sesame seeds and pour the sauce around, mix everything well and serve.