Today I am writing about an very easy stir-fry recipe using English green peas as the main ingredient. English green pea looks very similar, but tastes less sweet and more starchy than the green pea. Using ground pork to make a stir-fry, is a common way to cook the English green pea in China.
The first step is to cook the ground pork. I stir-fried the pork for about 30 seconds under medium-high heat until they have changed color. Then I added the English green peas into the pan and continue to cook for about another five minutes until the peas were cooked through.
Next, it’s time to throw in the rest of the ingredients and toss in the salt and oyster sauce to season the dish. After a quick stir-fry for about another two minutes, this simple dish was ready to be served.
If you are wondering where I bought the English green peas, I came across it while I was shopping at Trader Joe’s the other day. And they come in a convenient 10 oz size package. If you are looking for a simple, nutritious dish, you should give this recipe a try, I think you will like it 🙂
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about less than 10 minutes!I hope you enjoy making this tasty pork with English green peas at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- half pound ground pork
- half pound English green peas
- half red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- For marinating the pork:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablesponns cooking wine
- For seasoning:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- Marinate the ground pork with soy sauce and cooking wine for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, stir in the ground pork, cook for about 20 seconds under medium-high heat until it has changed color.
- Add in the peas and stir fry for about five minutes until cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and red bell pepper, toss in the salt and oyster sauce, cook for another 2 minutes and serve.