Sautéed pork belly with cauliflower is a popular dish frequently ordered at restaurants in China. With this recipe, you can easily recreate this tasty dish at home. Aside from roasting, if you are looking for new ways to serve cauliflower, this will be a great recipe to add to your collection.
If you ask me what’s my favorite cuts of pork? My answer is 100% pork belly! This flavorful cut of fatty meat is loved by foodies around the world.
Not only is pork belly delicious, it’s also very affordable and versatile. A pound of pork belly usually sells for less than 3 dollars in Asian markets, and you can use them to make a variety of tasty dishes. From pork belly stir-fries to tender braised pork belly, you name it.
Let me start by introducing the ingredients. The main ingredients are sliced pork belly and cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets. You’ll also need red pepper, garlic, green onion and ginger for flavor and texture.
When cooked, garlic, ginger and green onion will release wonderful aroma and refreshing spicy flavor into the dish, they are the secret to making a great sautéed dish.
When the dish is complete, the cauliflower should be tender enough to pierce with a fork. To do that, I’d start with sautéing the cauliflower under high heat for a few minutes to develop some nice char on the outside first.
Then cover the pan with a lid to simmer for about 2 minutes under medium heat for it to soften. By now, the cauliflower should be 80% cooked through.
This recipe is a great example of perfect combination of flavor and texture. It makes my mouth water every time I think about it. Give it a try, you will become a fan as well!
I hope you enjoy making this sautéed pork belly with cauliflower recipe. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 3 slices of pork belly, cut into large pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 long red pepper, sliced
- 4 slices of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- For seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- a quarter teaspoon black pepper
- a touch of salt to taste
- Soak the cauliflower florets in salted water for about 10 minutes, drain well and set aside.
- Heat a pan over low heat, toss in the ginger and pork belly, stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the pork belly has released fat and no longer pink.
- Turn to high heat, add in the cauliflower and pan fry for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat back down to medium, simmer the cauliflower with lid on for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper into the pan, mix well and toss in soy sauce and black pepper, stir fry for another 2-3 minutes and make sure ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle a touch of salt to taste and stir in the green onion, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and plate to serve.