This steamed pork ribs with black bean sauce dish is one of the most popular dishes in cantonese cuisine, a subcategory of Chinese cuisine. You could find this dish in most of the dim sum restaurant and it usually comes in a smaller portion than I am making today.
To make sure the pork fully absorbs the seasonings and they will taste great, I marinated the pork ribs for about 3 hours (Some people marinate even longer). So if you want to make this dish at home, remember to plan ahead. As for the cooking process, it is very simple, which is to steam cook the pork ribs.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this steamed pork ribs with black bean sauce at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
- Rinse the short pork ribs in cold water for about 20 minutes to help get ride of some of the blood and dry well with paper towel.
- Whisk together the sugar and vegetable oil in a large bowl, and add ginger slices. Add the pork ribs into the bowl and massage the ribs with the mixture, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and put it in the lower part of the refrigerator and let it sit for about 3 hours.
- Bring the pork ribs out from the refrigerator, mix fermented black bean, minced garlic, salt and cooking wine and marinating the pork ribs with the mixture for about 40 minutes under room temperature.
- Move the pork ribs as well as all the ingredients used for marinating the pork onto a plate, whisk water and potato starch, and pour the mixture evenly over the pork.
- Put the plate into a steam cooker and steams for 20-25 minutes under high heat.
- Top with chopped green onion and enjoy!