As the weather gets warmer, my craving for homemade Thai food gets stronger. Thai minced pork over rice noodle is one of my favorite Thai dishes that I make at home very often. It’s easy to make (takes about 20 minutes), very healthy and super fresh. I can’t wait to share it with you today.
This minced pork salad is probably one of the easiest dishes to make. All you need to do is cook the ground pork, season it and then mix with fresh vegetables. That’s it!
It’s one of my to-go dishes to make for a speedy weeknight dinner for Bryan and I, without having to compromise on taste.
When the pork is ready, I tossed in carrot, cilantro, mint leaves, onion and squeezed on top fresh lime juice at the end to add a hit of acidity and freshness.
I like serving this Thai minced pork over thin rice noodles as a salad appetizer, the heat and acidity helps open up our appetite for the rest of the meal.
Ground chicken, pork or beef can all be used to make this dish. So feel free to choose the ingredient that’s available at hand to you or you are craving for.
Are you ready to give your next weeknight dinner a delicious Thai spin? If so, give this recipe a try and I can guarantee you’ll be pleased.
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 bundle or ½ package Thai Kitchen Thin Rice Noodles
- 1 pound ground pork (or substitute with ground beef, chicken)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons rice cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- half a small red onion, cut into rings
- garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges
- The Rice Noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Carefully add the rice noodles into the water and soak for 4-5 minutes until the rice noodle has turned soft, stir occasionally to separate.
- Drain the hot water and soak the rice noodles under cold water and set aside.
- The Pork
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat until shimmers, stir in the ground pork, cook until almost cooked through, breaking up large lumps as it cooks.
- Add the cooking wine, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili powder and white pepper into the pan, stir to mix everything well.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the pork has been cooked through, the sauces have reduced, remove from heat.
- Stir in the carrots, cilantro, mint leaves and pour in the freshly squeezed lime juice, mix well.
- Drain the rice noodles and transfer into a bowl.
- Spoon over the pork and garnish with mint leaves and lime wedge to serve and enjoy!