Minced pork vermicelli (肉末粉丝) is a beloved dish of Szechuan province. It’s easy to assemble yet loaded with flavor. I am super excited to share this recipe with you. Let’s get started!
First, we need to hydrate the dry vermicelli noodles by immersing them in water. With hot water, the noodles should turn soft in about 10 minutes (around 20 minutes with cold water).
Dry vermicelli noodles are easy to find in most Asian grocery stores or online. This is the kind I am currently using, it’s a popular brand in China.
Next, I sautéed garlic, green onion and ginger quickly in the pan until they are fragrant. Usually, thirty seconds to a minute will do the trick. I recommend cooking over medium heat and stir frequently to avoid burning the ingredients.
When you smell the wonderful aroma of garlic, scallion and ginger, it’s time to add the ground pork. When the ground pork is no longer pink, go ahead and toss in the dark soy sauce and Lao Gan Ma Black Beans Chili Sauce to season.
Lao Gan Ma Black Beans Chili Sauce is China’s most popular chili sauce. Besides enjoying it as a condiment, people also like to use it for cooking.
The last step is adding water (or chicken broth) and vermicelli into the pan. When the vermicelli has soaked up most of the sauce, the dish is almost ready.
Don’t forget to sprinkle some freshly chopped scallion on top before serving!
Below is a recap of how I made the Minced Pork Vermicelli.
If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Immerse the vermicelli under hot water for about 10 minutes, drain, rinse under cold water, drain well again and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add in garlic, green onion and ginger and stir fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the ground pork and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes until the pork is no longer pink.
- Toss in the dark soy sauce and Lao Gan Ma Black Beans Chili Sauce and cook for a minute.
- Add in 2 cups of water and turn to high heat, mix all the ingredients well, wait until the water starts to boil, slowly add in the vermicelli, cook for about 2-3 minutes until the water has almost gone.
- Top with fresh chopped green onion to serve.