Today I am sharing with you guys the recipe for a fresh and nutritious salmon rice bowl. I love salmon and this is the first salmon recipe I have shared on Spice the Plate. I am excited!
I placed the salmon steak with the skin side down on a non-stick pan and seasoned it with a little bit of salt and pepper. After pan-frying for a couple of minutes until the salmon has cooked through, I placed it onto a bowl of hot white rice and drizzled the salmon with some teriyaki sauce.
Now that the main ingredient for this dish has been taken care of, the rest is pretty easy. I simply stir-fried some red pepper with a little bit of sesame oil, boiled an egg and placed them onto the rice as well. To add freshness and color to the dish, I also added some avocado. As a finishing touch, I sprinkled some Japanese rice seasonings on top to add more texture and flavor to the dish.
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 30 minutes!I hope you enjoy making salmon rice bowl at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 salmon steak
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- half an avocado
- one bowl of hot white rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- a touch of salt
- a touch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- a handful of Japanese rice seasonings
- Add oil into a non-stick pan and move the pan around so that the oil is evenly spread.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until shimmering.
- Carefully place the salmon onto the pan with the skin-side down and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn to medium heat, pan-fry the salmon for about 6-7 minutes until the skin is crispy and the salmon is 80% cooked through.
- Flip the salmon with a spatula, cook for another 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the salmon onto the rice and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
- Add sesame oil into a pan, sauté the red pepper for 1-2 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Boil a cracked egg under water until cooked and cut half of the avocado into pieces.
- Place the pepper, egg and avocado onto the rice.
- Sprinkle with Japanese rice seasonings to serve.
The Japanese rice seasoning I used here is called Katsuo Fumi Furikake Rice Seasoning, feel free to use other types.