I am super excited to share the recipe of shrimp simmered rice on Spice the Plate today.
The freshness of the ingredients is the key to this dish. What I usually do is to make this dish the same day after I finished grocery shopping.
To start making this dish, I sautéd the garlic, carrot and mushroom for about two minutes over medium heat until they are fragrant first.
Next, I poured about one cup of water into the pan. After the water has started to boil, I added the shrimps, green peas and tomato and cook under medium-high heat for about two minutes until the tomato has turned soft.
Then I added the cooked white rice (about one cup for one serving).
To be able to taste the natural flavors of the ingredients, I only used one teaspoon of salt and half tablespoon of soy sauce for seasoning. After adding the seasonings, I continued simmering for another two to three minutes before turning off the heat.
To add finishing touches to this dish, I added a touch of fresh cilantro on the top and drizzled with a touch of sesame oil.
With the hint of natural sour taste from the tomato, sweet taste from the green peas as well as nice delicate taste from shrimp and mushroom, this dish so full of flavorful!
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this tasty shrimp simmered rice at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons defrosted green peas
- 1 tomaro, cut into 8 small pieces
- 4 peeled and cooked shrimps
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- a touch of sesame oil
- a handful of cilantro for topping
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add in the garlic, carrot and mushroom, stir fry for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the water into the pan and turn to high heat, cook until the water starts to boil ( takes about 90 seconds for me).
- Turn to medium-high heat, and add in the shrimp, green peas and tomato into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Toss in the salt and soy sauce, and carefully add in the cooked rice, grently stir to mix all the ingredients well, simmer for about 2-3 minutes with lid off.
- Drizzle a touch of sesame oil and top with cilantros to serve.