My first ever cocktail recipe shared on Spice the Plate! This easy “Ginger-Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail” is my secret weapon when I have friends over. I can’t wait to share with you!
All you need to make this tasty cocktail at home is: sugar, ginger slices, ice, sake (you can substitute with soju, or even gin/vodka in a pinch), pomegranate and prosecco. And they take only 20 minutes to be ready!
The main ingredient of this cocktail is the Voveti Prosecco. VOVETI is a brut style DOC with tempered acidity and a fresh, graceful profile. As an easy drinking aperitif or cocktail, this prosecco is perfect to share with friends.
Compared to champagne, prosecco has a fruitier taste and is typically more affordable. The sweet flavor profile makes it a great fit for this homemade cocktail.
To give this cocktail recipe a slight Asian twist, instead of using Gin or Vodka, I have chosen to use Japanese sake (Korean soju works great as well).
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- For the rim:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 slice fresh ginger (1/2-inch thick)
- Ginger syrup:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 slices fresh ginger (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 oz Japanese sake or Korean soju
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz ginger syrup (from above step)
- 12 oz Voveti prosecco
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds
- Place sugar on a flat plate; moisten the rims of glasses with a fresh ginger slice and then dip the rims evenly in sugar, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add sugar, water, and ginger slices; heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved, stir occasionally. Let stand 10-15 minutes to cool down.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add Sake or Soju, pomegranate juice, and ginger syrup and shake until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the two prepared glasses; add prosecco on top.
- Add fresh pomegranate seeds to garnish and enjoy!