Yesterday at grocery shopping, I saw some really fresh zucchini on the shelf. The idea of making this healthy shrimp with zucchini came into my mind and I then went on to pick up some peeled shrimp as well.
Zucchini has a mild flavor. I find when cooked together with shrimp, the shrimp could help bring out the fresh and sweet flavor of the vegetable. A little bit salt and a touch of soy sauce are all the seasonings needed for this healthy yet tasty dish.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this healthy shrimp with zucchini at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 cup peeled shrimp
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a skillet pan.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add zucchini and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add salt and stir in shrimp and red bell pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Toss in soy sauce and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!