I think we can all agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So why not kicking your day off with a healthy breakfast like this sweet potato puree with yogurt and fruit to keep you energized all morning!
I understand mornings are the busiest time of the day. So what I like to do is making this dish ahead of time the night before and kept it stored in the fridge. The next morning, all I have to do is taking it out and start enjoying.
There are many benefits of eating sweet potato. For example, it’s a great source of vitamins and dietary fiber. I won’t bore you with the details of the health benefits it provide, let me dive right in to how I made the sweet potato puree.
First, I steamed a sweet potato with a bamboo steamer until tender. After the sweet potato has cooled down a little, I cut it in half and scraped the meat from the shell and then pureed in a food processor.
Another way you can cook the sweet potato is by cutting it into large chunks and then boil in water until they are tender.
This time, I choose to use strawberries and blueberries as toppings. There are many other ingredients you can use. Off the top of my head, raisins, walnuts or granola are all great choices.
I hope you enjoy making Sweet Potato Puree with Yogurt and Fruit. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 serving low-fat greek yogurt (5.3oz)
- Topping Ideas:
- Clean the sweet potato thoroughly with a vegetable brush, transfer to a steamer and cook over high heat for 30 minutes until soft.
- Carefully remove the sweet potato from the steamer and let sit a few minutes to cool down.
- Cut in half and scrape sweet potato meat from shell halves and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Put sweet potato puree to the bottom of the bowl, cover with greek yogurt and top with fresh fruits, raisins, walnuts or granola, enjoy!