Daikon radish is a common vegetable in Asian. Typically in season during winter but available all-year round. There are many daikon radish recipes available, making a salad is a popular way to cook daikon. Today I made a healthy Carrot and Daikon Radish Salad with simple sesame oil dressing.
This dish takes less than 10 minutes to make. To start, I used a vegetable spiralizer to cut then into “spaghetti strands”. The noodle shape helps the ingredients to better absorb the salad dressing later and is very fun to eat!
I added some chopped Thai chili pepper for a spicy kick, if you prefer a non-spicy version, chopped scallion is a great substitute. The seasoning for this dish is real simple. Sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds are all we need to give this dish a balanced and refreshing sweet and sour taste.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty carrot and daikon radish salad at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- half a medium-sized daikon radish, peeled
- a carrot, peeled
- 1-2 thai chili pepper, chopped (optional, could be substituted with chopped scallion)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- a handful of roasted sesame seeds
- Cut the daikon radish and carrot into "spaghetti strands" with a spiralizer.
- Transfer them into a container, sprinkle in chopped Thai chili peppers (or chopped scallion for non-spicy version).
- Toss in sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds, mix well and let sit for 10 minutes to enjoy!
I love this recipe great for the harvest of big radish and carrots.
It’s pretty quick and easy so great for mealtimes!
It’s pretty quick and easy! Excellent recipe!
Thank you for pposting this reipe. I’ve just harvested some white radish from the garden and didn’t know what to do with them- first time growing radish! The recipe was simple and delicious.
If you make a large batch of this, will leftovers keep in the refrigerator?
It can, but I recommend not leaving in the fridge for too long, as the fresher the better!
I just had a pure radish salad. I wanted to have more “kick” on it next time. Thus, I searched for possible radish recipes I can try next time. I’m excited to have this sesame oil and sesame seeds included next time, and of course the carrots, too. Thank you!
You are very welcome!
Eaten before first time making it used roasted black sesame seeds and scallions.