I want to share the recipe of a super easy Chinese-style pumpkin omelette today.
It has a omelette texture and the shape of a small pizza. The cooking process brings out more of the sweetness from the pumpkin.
I like making this dish for a weekend brunch once in a while, it takes 20 minutes to make and both Bryan and I love it!
You can make this dish in three easy steps:
- Season three eggs with salt, pepper and cooking wine.
- Add the pumpkin and chive into the egg mixture.
- Cook about five minutes each side until well done.
Top with sesame seeds to serve this pumpkin omelette and get ready to enjoy.
I like dipping the omelette slices in soy sauce. The sweetness of the pumpkin and the savory soy sauce compliment each other really well.
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and toss in salt, ground pepper and cooking wine to season, stir to mix well.
- Add in the pumpkins and chives, mix well and set aside.
- Add oil to a 10-inch non-stick pan, shake the pan to distribute the oil evenly and turn to medium-low heat.
- Before the oil starts to shimmer, add the mixture into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cook under medium-low heat with the lid on for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip to the omelette with the help of a plate, and cook another 4-5 minutes with the lid off.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce for dipping.