I want to share the recipe of a super easy Chinese-style pumpkin omelette today.
It has a omelette texture and the shape of a small pizza. The cooking process brings out more of the sweetness from the pumpkin.
I like making this dish for a weekend brunch once in a while, it takes 20 minutes to make and both Bryan and I love it!
You can make this dish in three easy steps:
- Season three eggs with salt, pepper and cooking wine.
- Add the pumpkin and chive into the egg mixture.
- Cook about five minutes each side until well done.
Top with sesame seeds to serve this pumpkin omelette and get ready to enjoy.
I like dipping the omelette slices in soy sauce. The sweetness of the pumpkin and the savory soy sauce compliment each other really well.
Recipe for this Pumpkin Omelette is at the end of this post, happy cooking!
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and toss in salt, ground pepper and cooking wine to season, stir to mix well.
- Add in the pumpkins and chives, mix well and set aside.
- Add oil to a 10-inch non-stick pan, shake the pan to distribute the oil evenly and turn to medium-low heat.
- Before the oil starts to shimmer, add the mixture into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cook under medium-low heat with the lid on for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip to the omelette with the help of a plate, and cook another 4-5 minutes with the lid off.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce for dipping.