Today I would like to share with you the recipe of a simple yet tasty cabbage pancake.
Similar to the “Carrot pancake” recipe I shared a couple weeks ago, to make this dish, you’ll only need two main ingredients, cabbage and flour.
Because this dish only used a touch of salt as seasoning, you will be able to taste the natural sweet taste of the cabbage when it’s done.
I like to dip the pancakes in soy sauce when enjoying, the savory taste of soy sauce is a great combination with the sweet taste of the cabbage.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this tasty cabbage pancake at home. If you like this recipe, please give a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- soy sauce for dipping (optional)
- Mix flour and water in a bowl, keep stirring until the batter is smooth, add the shredded cabbage and salt and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, brush the inside of the pan with a little bit oil, gently pour half of the batter mixture onto the pan to create a thin round shape, pan fry for about 5 minutes each side with lid on.
- Continue the same cooking process to make another pancake.
- Dip with the sauce you like and enjoy!